Updated: Oct 24, 2021
For the end of year edition of our sustainable gift series, we have pulled together a nice selection of handmade products from Borneo. Your gift includes a "gift that keeps on growing", literally. It's made of two parts:
1. Adopt a tree via Green Brunei to support Brunei's ambition to increase their carbon sinks to tackle climate change.
2. The gift postcard is made of biodegradable paper that is made with post consumer materials (no trees harmed for this paper) which is embedded with mint seeds. When the paper is planted in a pot of soil, the seeds grow and the paper composts away. All that is left behind is your fragrant mint plant.
We made only 20 gift baskets as a way to drive purposeful consumerism.
Thank you for supporting React's journey to connect local makers to you. We hope you enjoy gifting this as much as we enjoyed pulling this together :)
1.Handmade basket by Ain from Melilas
2. Rose and hibiscus soap from Natural Bar
3. An art piece by pupu.shi
4. An eco-friendly soy candle by Borneo Candle Studio
5. Adopt-a-tree with Green Brunei
6. Eco post card